MTM – Python/DevOps/Linux Engineer | SAAB
At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
What you will be a part of
Saab provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems, and traffic management systems.
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are three operating units within TM: Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydro graphics, and precision navigation; Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions. Public Safety and Security (PSS) which is the world leading solution provider for mission critical integrated operations. In the Operations department of Saab Technologies, all solutions to functional challenges are defined, designed, implemented, integrated and tested.
The MTM Operations department consists of an enthusiastic team of systems engineers, software engineers, product managers and support engineers, organized in Scrum development teams. The final products of Saab are applied in various projects globally, in the area of Vessel Traffic Services, Offshore Platform Protection and Coastal Surveillance systems.
We currently looking for an experienced Python/DevOps/Linux Engineer (MTM).
Our MaritimeControl product consists of a set of applications that runs on nodes with the Linux operating system. These nodes can be installed directly on hardware or are virtualized using VMWare technology. We have created a deployment product (SDeploy) which uses the standard deployment tools Foreman and Salt expanded with functionality via scripting to facilitate our specific needs. You will join the Agile/Scrum software team working on this SDEploy product. Most of this product is written in Python, so this is considered an essential skill.
- Stay up to date on latest developments regarding Linux, VMWare and used third party tools and advise on improvements;
- Customize maintenance manuals related to the operating system and the virtual host environment;
- Support system design.
Your skills and experience
- A bachelor in a relevant subject (e.g. computer science or electrical engineering) or relevant experience;
- Installation, configuration and management of complex large scale, business-critical infrastructures;
- Five or more years of experience in a comparable role;
- In depth knowledge of Linux (preferably Debian);
- Scripting (Powershell/Bash/Python);
- Deployment tooling (Salt/Foreman);
- Big plusses are experience with: security set-up, PKI, cloud technologies, Docker, Kubernetes and Rancher;
- Communicate (writing and speaking) fluently English and Dutch;
- Hands-on mentality, flexible, independent and a quick learner.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is also a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.