Project System Engineer | SAAB
At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
What you will be part of:
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. One of the operating units within TM is Air Traffic Management (ATM), the solution provider of air traffic control tower systems.
At ATM, we develop full air traffic control systems for the tower operations. All flights on and around the airport are planned, monitored and controlled by our system, providing the essential tools for the air traffic controllers to perform their tasks as safe and efficient as possible.
The ATM department consists of an enthusiastic team of project managers, systems engineers, installation managers, software engineers, test and integration and support engineers. The products of Saab are applied in various projects worldwide, in the area of Air Traffic Services inside air traffic control tower at airports and remotely allowing control of multiple airports from one location.
This vacancy applies to the System Engineering group for air traffic control tower in Apeldoorn, the Netherlands and in strong collaboration with team members in Sweden.
We are looking for a System Engineer within Air Traffic Management, who is capable of quickly becoming proficient in the application of our operational systems. You will be involved in system design, system integration and testing, acceptance and warranty phases for system engineering aspects. For your role, you will be traveling approximately 25% of your time.
You are responsible for:
- Contributing effectively to the realization of projects worldwide;
- Mapping customer requirements to system solutions based on Saab Integrated Air Traffic Control Suite product;
- Designing customer specific solutions and coordinating with software development;
- Develop external interface specifications, system design documents and acceptance test documents;
- Configure, integrate and test the system in the factory and on site;
- Perform acceptance testing in the factory and on site;
- Execute activities based on applicable policies, guidelines, cost awareness, rules and procedure (including those related to health and safety, quality and environment);
- Advise on Saab product development, process improvements and technical opportunities in commercial projects.
Your experience and skills:
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science or equivalent;
- Communicate fluently in English, both verbally and written;
- Analytical thinker, flexible and creative;
- Planning and scheduling skills;
- Able to work both independently as in a team in a dynamic environment;
- Self-motivated, looking for work to make things better;
- Knowledge of system and software engineering;
- In depth knowledge of network, security and Linux;
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies.
Saab is a global defence and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defence, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 17,000 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
If you aspire to help create and innovate whilst developing yourself in a challenging team setting, Saab may well have the perfect conditions for you to grow. We pride ourselves on a nurturing environment, where everyone is different yet we share the same goal – to help protect people.
Do you want to join us from our location in Apeldoorn committed to safe, efficient and secure air traffic around the world? Do you have the talent and drive to really make a difference to complex air traffic operations?
If you feel that this job is interesting, enjoy working with modern technology in a dynamic team and have some of the skills and merits mentioned above, then you should contact us at email@example.com or send in your application.
We offer an attractive primary and secondary employment conditions package.
If you are selected to work, a screening procedure will be part of the job application process.