Systems Test & Integration Engineer | SAAB
At Saab, we constantly look ahead and push boundaries for what is considered technically possible. We collaborate with colleagues around the world who all share our challenge – to make the world a safer place.
What you will be a part of:
Saab provides efficient solutions for safety and security, for surveillance and decision support, and for threat detection and protection. The portfolio covers airborne, ground-based and naval radar, electronic warfare, combat systems, and traffic management systems.
Saab Traffic Management (TM) serves customers around the globe with advanced solutions that enable the safe and efficient movement of people and goods. There are three operating units within TM: Maritime Traffic Management (MTM) solutions include Automatic Identification Systems (AIS), port and vessel traffic management information systems (VTMIS), hydro graphics, and precision navigation; Air Traffic Management (ATM) provides airport surface safety and efficiency systems and tools, tower automation and advanced research, development and evaluation solutions. Public Safety and Security (PSS) which is the world leading solution provider for mission critical integrated operations. In the Operations department of Saab Technologies, all solutions to functional challenges are defined, designed, implemented, integrated and tested.
The MTM Operations department consists of an enthusiastic team of systems engineers, software engineers, product managers and support engineers, organized in Scrum development teams. The final products of Saab are applied in various projects globally, in the area of Vessel Traffic Services, Offshore Platform Protection and Coastal Surveillance systems.
We currently looking for an experienced Systems Test & Integration Engineer MTM.
Our solution is often a complex system involving various technical subsystems from suppliers like radars, VHF communication, network infrastructure, meteorological sensors, workstations and servers. The Systems Test & Integration Engineer is responsible for the actual integration of the various systems at the customer site and perform acceptance testing. We are looking for an experienced System Test & Integration Engineer with knowledge of operating systems, network deployment, application configuration and system testing. You will perform the test and integration activities that includes the installation and configuration of the Saab software products, integration of third party hardware, writing and executing acceptance test cases, describing the transition strategy and collaborate with the software development teams and subcontractors. For your role, you will be traveling for up to 20% of your time.
You are responsible to:
- Plan and perform configuration, integration and test activities;
- Adapt the Saab product configuration to implement customer specific requirements;
- Define, set up and maintain a test system in the factory;
- Integrate custom developed software into the customer system;
- Define the transition steps of the system to the customer;
- Install the software, integrate and tune the system at the customers premises;
- Host and conduct customer witnessed acceptance tests;
- Customize operational and maintenance manuals;
- Prepare and execute maintenance trainings for customers;
- Support system design;
- Support and report to the Project Manager.
Your skills and experience:
- Higher degree in a relevant subject (e.g. computer science or electrical engineering) or relevant experience;
- Five or more years of experience in a comparable role;
- Knowledge of Linux (Command Line Terminal), (Bash) scripting and LAN networks;
- Communicate (writing and speaking) fluently English and Dutch;
- Hands-on mentality, flexible, independent and a quick learner;
- Training skills and skills to create/update manuals;
- Understanding the Shipping/Vessel Traffic Management domain is a plus;
- Travel up to 20% may be required, nationally and/or internationally.
Saab is a global defense and security company operating in the fields of air, land and naval defense, civil security and commercial aeronautics. We number 15,500 employees and have operations on all continents. Technologically we are leaders in many areas, and one-fifth of our earnings are spent on research and development.
Saab is also a company with opportunities. A company where we see diversity as an asset and where you have both considerable responsibility and good opportunities for advancing in your career. But also a company that respects each person’s needs for a rewarding life beyond work.
Do you want to work from our location in Apeldoorn to ensure safe, efficient and secure maritime trade around the world? Do you have the talent and drive to make a real difference in complex maritime operations?
If this job seems interesting to you, you enjoy working with modern technology, and you have some of the skills and merits listed above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your application. We offer an attractive primary and secondary employment conditions package.
If you are selected to work for us, a screening procedure will be part of the job application process.